The roles of energy supplier and energy consumer are being redefined by technologies such as solar, storage, advanced metering and smarter appliances. At the forefront of this change is a diverse range of bespoke energy projects initiated by consumers, suppliers, state and local governments that include:
- generating electricity ‘behind the meter’
- storing energy
- energy efficiency and demand management
- buying and selling energy: innovative electricity and gas contracts
- community energy initiatives and microgrids
- research into consumption patterns
The Energy Project exists to provide tailored, practical advice to these projects.
Our active client list includes:
- Energy utilities and distributors – providing advice on new business models, product development and regulatory issues particularly those affecting distributed energy systems.
- NSW Office of Environment and Heritage – design and implementation of an energy efficiency program for the Community Housing sector.
- A number of commercial clients pursuing solar initiatives including large infrastructure clients, national retailers and Real Estate Investment Trusts.
- Kangaroo Island Council – providing a range of technical and project management services in relation to the island’s energy infrastructure.
- Other local governments – energy reviews and strategic advice.